(9to5Mac) Apple Watch Ultra is here and I’ve just unboxed mine. Follow along for my first impressions of the 49mm titanium wearable from Apple that features an all-new design, larger screen, and much more. I’ll dig into what it feels like size-wise compared to the 45mm Apple Watch, weight, buttons, the Alpine Loop, and more.
• For reference, I have a smaller wrist that measures about 6.5 inchesaround and I’m coming from the 45mm Apple Watch Series 7 •
Apple Watch Ultra first impressions:
- It’s noticeably larger and blockier than the 45/44mm Apple Watch and I love it 😁
- With that comes a really solid feel
- I enjoy it most with a band that connects directly to the Ultra vs a strap/band with lugs (Solo Loop vs Alpine Loop)
- The flat screen edge adds to the large feel but that also offers a wonderful display experience – it really draws you in visually
- It’s impressively light!
- The side button is very clicky – much clickier than my Series 7 or any other previous Apple Watch
- Digital Crown is nicely protected but also takes a bit to get used to
- The new Action button is really handy, such a great add!
- Softer on the inside than I expected
- Titanium hardware is super light and naturally matches the Ultra perfectly
- Lots of loops make sure you get a precise fit
- Love the bright orange color
- Exterior lugs make it a bulkier fit – especially for those with smaller wrists
- Careful of the metal clasp as it can scratch things when you rest your wrist on your laptop, etc.