(BPR) Journalist and podcaster Megyn Kelly dropped a truth bomb on her show last week clarifying the facts surrounding Tucker Carlson leaving Fox News and pointing out to her viewers that he hadn’t actually been fired yet while explaining what was going on.
“I want to, I think, break some news for you. Tucker Carlson hasn’t actually been fired,” she announced in what appears to be a distinction without a difference in this particular case.
“He’s still an employee of the Fox News Channel. What happened was Suzanne Scott called him, she’s the CEO, on Monday morning and said he was not going to be allowed to do any more shows and that he had been kicked out of his company email, and now they’re going to have to negotiate an exit. Some reporting to me suggests that she said it’s going to be an amicable parting. Right? Isn’t it?” Kelly incredulously asked.
You could tell the independent journalist was incensed over how the whole sordid treatment of Carlson played out at Fox News.
(Video Credit: Megyn Kelly)
“Completely catching Tucker off-guard. But Tucker’s not fired. That’s my information. That he still needs to negotiate the exit and that right now he’s not free to launch a podcast or a digital show or negotiate with other employers at all because he’s still under contract. They pulled his show off the air. They also fired his executive producer Justin Wells. And though he tried to find out why, they wouldn’t tell him. They refused to tell him why,” she continued.
“I mean… to me, that’s just so disheartening. He’s been at the company for years. He’d been in the primetime for seven years and saw Fox News through one of the most difficult times in its history. The immediate era post-Roger Ailes where they didn’t know left from right. They didn’t know up from down. They really didn’t have strong management leading the company and they had lost two of their biggest stars, Bill O’Reilly and me. At least at that time,” the former Fox News host noted.
Megyn Kelly disses Fox Newshttps://t.co/eySRuHZUgL
— American Wire News (@americanwire_) April 27, 2023
Kelly acknowledged that there are a lot of angry Fox News viewers out there as well. She also called on the network to release Carlson from his non-compete agreement so he can go on to better and bigger things.
“The Fox News audience is clearly mad and I don’t blame them. It’ll be interesting to see what the ratings were,” she stated, noting that a rotating cast is taking Carlson’s place just like CNN did when Chris Cuomo was booted.
You can’t compare Tucker’s Fri night ratings to this week’s Mon/Tue. (Fridays in prime are where ratings go to die.) Compare his last Mon/Tue to this week’s Mon/Tue. It’s a bloodbath: they lost HALF their audience. https://t.co/bH1g6epeC0
— Megyn Kelly (@megynkelly) April 27, 2023