(Daily Mail) The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were ‘uninvited’ to a state reception for world leaders and foreign royals tomorrow evening, it was reported last night.
It is thought the couple received an invitation to the event, hosted by King Charles and the Queen Consort, earlier in the week.
But Prince Harry and his wife Meghan are now unlikely to attend after officials at Buckingham Palace insisted the reception was for working royals only, it is understood.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (pictured with Prince William, Prince of Wales, Sophie, Countess of Wessex, Catherine, Princess of Wales on Wednesday) were ‘uninvited’ to a state reception for world leaders and foreign royals tomorrow evening, it was reported last night
Photos captured a poignant moment for the Duke of Sussex (left with the Duchess of Sussex right) as he held his head in his hand, shielding his eyes, and looked down as the Queen’s coffin was moved inside the Palace of Westminster
William, Kate, Harry and Meghan walk into the Palace of Westminster for a service on Wednesday
US President Joe Biden, French president Emmanuel Macron and the Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau are among the heads of states who will arrive in London this weekend to attend Queen Elizabeth’s funeral on Monday.
World leaders, ambassadors and foreign royals will attend a reception at the Palace where they will also be greeted by the Prince and Princess of Wales, the Princess Royal and the Earl and Countess of Wessex.
The confusion over Harry and Meghan’s invitation points to issues with communication between the Californian-based couple and the Royal Family, according to the Daily Telegraph.
It is thought the couple (pictured last Saturday) received an invitation to the event, hosted by King Charles and the Queen Consort, earlier in the week. But Harry and Meghan are now unlikely to attend after officials at Buckingham Palace insisted the reception was for working royals only, it is understood
Harry and Meghan after a service for the reception of Queen Elizabeth II’s coffin at Westminster Hall
It follows an apparent U-turn over Harry’s right to wear military uniform despite being a non-working royal.
The Palace is understood to have intervened to allow Harry to wear his regalia to a 15-minute vigil at Westminster Hall today.
Harry had previously said he would wear a morning suit to all the funeral events.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were also said to be furious after it was revealed their children will not be granted HRH status when they are appointed by prince and princess by King Charles III.
A source claimed to The Sun, that Archie, three, and Lilibet, one, are set to be officially made prince and princess in the near future as Charles has agreed to issue a Letters Patent to grant the titles.
But a report claims that following tense talks between the new King over recent days, the Sussexes have been left ‘furious’ that their children will not also get HRH titles.
Prince William, Kate, Prince Harry and Meghan have all been appearing in public together since the Queen’s death. However the Sussexes won’t be at the state reception at Buckingham Palace on Sunday