Ex-Fox News Sunday anchor Chris Wallace insisted that he’s “in good shape” following the demise of CNN’s short-lived streaming service.
According to a report from Mediaite, Wallace, now the fleeting face of interview-based show “Who’s Talking to Chris Wallace,” told former CBS News reporter Jacqueline Adams that he had been “a victim” of the current situation.
Wallace replied, “Wow, that was quick.”
“The idea was you’ve got to get a foothold in the streaming world because that’s where the future of news off the mainstream networks is going to be. Now you have some equally smart people that have come in with a diametrically opposed view, these are the new bosses at CNN+ because of [the merger] who have come to the conclusion that to have a narrow niche product like a news streaming service doesn’t work,” Wallace said, mirroring Reliable Sources host Brian Stelter’s rationalization. Stelter, however, remains in denial over the embarrassing outcome, believing it is “too early to know” if CNN+ “was a success or failure.”
Wallace said: “I have absolutely no idea which is right and wrong, but the Discovery people are in charge and so they made the decision.”